Coach Dina is hard at work answering the phone and taking registrations for Railers Learn to Skate and Railers Learn to Play! We’re so excited for this weekend.... will you be here!? ... See MoreSee Less
Traffic Advisory for the Worcester Red Sox Welcoming Event to be Held Monday
The Worcester Police Department announced street closures, parking restrictions and anticipated traffic delays on Monday, September 17, 2018 due to the Worcester Red Sox welcoming celebration. The department is anticipating heavy pedestrian crowds associated with this event, motorists are encouraged to exercise caution when traveling in the area surrounding downtown and the Canal District.
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic and parking will be restricted on Monday, September 17, 2018:
WORCESTER COMMON OVAL CELEBRATION-
• No parking beginning at 7 AM through 10 PM: Franklin Street, Front Street, Commercial Street, Church Street, Mercantile Street, Main Street from Pleasant Street to Chatham Street
• Closed to vehicular traffic beginning at Noon: Commercial Street from Front Street to Mechanic Street
• Closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 2 PM: Main Street from Pleasant Street to Chatham Street, Franklin Street from Main Street to Salem Street, Church Street from Franklin Street to Front Street, Front Street from Main Street to Mercantile Street.
THE CANAL DISTRICT ALLIANCE BLOCK PARTY
• Closed to vehicular traffic and no parking beginning at 3 PM: Water Street and Green Street
• Closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 2 PM: Gold Street, Assonet Street, and Washington Street
The Worcester Police Department anticipates streets to reopen around the Common area at approximately 7 PM and at 11 PM for the Canal District.
Again, the Worcester Police Department is advising drivers, bicyclists and pedestrians to take extra care to obey the rules of the road and to be considerate of others traveling on local streets in the areas surrounding the event.