Larn to Skate and Learn to Play Hockey Registration
Why Join the Massachusetts Ice Skating Club (Mass ISC)?
The Massachusetts Ice Skating Club is a certified Learn to Skate USA program. Mass ISC offers a beginning ice skating program that is FUN, challenging and rewarding. Participation in the program will enable skaters of all ages to learn the fundamentals of the sport and begin a lifetime commitment to health and fitness. Skating is one of the world’s greatest sports! A combination of athletics and artistry, participation in skating can be very satisfying. It can improve coordination and balance, stimulate your heart and circulation, relieve stress and build muscles. Whether your goal is to aim for the OLYMPICS, improve your overall health and fitness, or just HAVE FUN, you are sure to realize those goals by joining the Mass ISC here at The Worcester Ice Center.
What is Included When I Join?
- General liability insurance coverage through US Figure Skating
- General information about ice skating
- Basic skills record book with stickers
- Badges as skaters complete different levels
- Official Learn to Skate USA membership card
- Year patch, denoting membership year
- Health and Fitness
- New cognitive, physical and social emotional skills
- Use of Ice Time
- Certified Learn to Skate USA Instructors
How Many Kids are in Each Class?
Mass ISC generally holds a 10 – 1 Ratio for class size. Lower levels will also have additional teacher assistant’s (TA’s) skating instructors.
What is the Mission of the Learn to Skate USA Program?
Our mission is to provide a goal-oriented program that encourages ice skating at all levels and to enhance the quality of skating skills at these levels.
What are the Objectives of the Program?
- To provide a fun and safe skating experience for the beginner as well as the more advanced skater
- To teach correct technique of the simple basic elements
- To promote health and physical fitness
- To enable all participants to achieve the skills necessary to either skate for fun for the rest of their lives or to move competently into the U.S. Figure Skating advanced test and/or competitive structure, or into a USA hockey program.
Why was the Learn to Skate USA program was Developed?
The Learn to Skate USA program was developed to create an interest in skating activity across the nation, enhance the quality of skating and increase enrollment for the benefit of the skating industry, U.S. Figure Skating and USA Hockey.
Who are your Coaches and what are their Qualifications?
- Our coaching staff includes Seasoned Professional Skating Instructors with many years of combined experience. All are rated with U.S. Figure Skating, Professional Skaters Association & USA Hockey.
- They have coached Learn to Skate levels, hockey schools, learn to play hockey, Learn to Skate USA, New England Regional Champions, United States Figure Skating Gold Medalists and Senior Level skaters. They are rated professionals with the Professional Skaters Association.
- All coaches are background checked annually by USFS and the National Center for Safety Institutes and finger printed through IdentoGo.
How Do I Join?
Fill out the above registration form!
Where Do I Buy Figure Skates?
Cooke’s Skate Supply: (978) 657–7586
Cooke’s carries a wide variety of figure skates and figure skating equipment as well as hockey skates and hockey equipment.
Where Do I Buy Hockey Skates?
Profilers Edge in the Worcester Ice Center (774) 578 -6826
What to Wear?
- Warm clothes that will allow for easy movement, snow pants, hats & MITTENS!
- Helmets are mandatory for all Learn to Skate levels (bike helmets are acceptable).
- If your skater is in the learn how to figure skate group, He/She will need single blade figure skates
(with a toe pick, toe picks are for learning how to jump and spin).
- Also for the Free skate level skaters it is suggested that your child wear a skating dress for a girl and tight fitting sweater and neat sweat pants for a boy.
- For a Learn to Play Hockey Skater, you will need helmet with face cage, hockey gloves, and a stick.